What does the CFA actually do?
In Victoria, the CFA is responsible for a range of incidents and can vary by area. As a rough guide, the CFA responds to the following (and others);
• Structural Fires (Houses, Shed's etc.)
• Bush & Grass Fires
• Out of control burn offs’
• Car Accidents & Car Fires
• Gas Leaks and Ruptures
• Children Locked in Cars
• Assisting the police and ambulance as required
• Animals in tree's (Very Rarely)
• Animal Rescue (Horses stuck in mud etc.)
The CFA web site has a full description of what our members from our brigade and others actually do here
As you can see, the CFA is much more than just a bush fire brigade.